Be Resourceful

Below are a list of resources to help improve your financial life.


Low cost MRI centers can save you hundreds over your insurance plan especially if you have a high deductible plan. Some places are: Radiology Assist, Nationwide MRI and Affordable MRI.

GoodRX provides free drug coupons for discounts on medications at more than 75,000 pharmacies in the U.S. including CVS, Walmart, Costco and more. You can download their free app or print out a card from their website.

Making Money (with some referral links)

I use Rakutan for cash back for online purchases, including grocery delivery from Vons. Very convenient in these times… I’ve earned back $416 over the past few years.

The Poshmark app is my favorite site for buying and reselling clothes.

Special Needs / Disability

The U.S. federal government has a website dedicated to disability programs and services nationwide. It’s a good place to start if you’re overwhelmed by the various organizations and programs available.

If you’re lucky enough to live in California, the state has an extensive network of disability service providers. Their 21 regional centers serve individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.

I track my kid with Angelsense, which is basically a GPS-capable phone with long battery life and a good tracking app. They have a good list of funding sources for special needs families.

Taking care of special needs kids or adults is hard! If you need a break from caregiving, this website is a good place for finding respite. has good resources and tips for parents facing special needs-related issues.

The Autism Health Insurance Project (AHIP) helps children on the autism spectrum obtain medically necessary services by supporting families in their journey through the insurance maze.

Family Voices is a family-led non-profit promoting quality health care for all children and youth, particularly those with special health care needs.

Inclusion Matters (formerly Shane’s Playground) sponsors free playdates across the U.S. (and world).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s